Saturday, June 12, 2010

Praying they sleep for 2hrs

I never thought I would ever pray for children to nap for 2 hours, giving me the time to just sit down and read some emails or chat to a few friends. I used to think I knew what tired meant but boy was I wrong, today I know what tired means and it started the day the twins were born. This is my 3rd attempt to keep a blog and I am going to do my best to update at least once a week. Life thus far with twins has been interesting, we have gone from endless nights of waking up every 2 hrs to now sttn on most nights. My son Ricky has taken his first few steps alone the last couple of days, but then turns lazy when you want to try to get it on camera. McKenna is barely getting her teeth in, she is now got 2 teeth coming in at 14mths I hope she will get a full set of teeth by the time we take pictures in Kindergarten!

Time is flying by pretty quick now, being that it is June and we are preparing for our camping trip in July we are flying through 2010. Today, I have time to blog because the twins are down for the nap and I am alone with the kids since Scott is off doing Army Duty, boy I cannot wait till he is done with that nightmare! He is such a good help, I miss him when he is gone since my back seems go out everytme he goes away. I can say these kids are very lucky to have their dad, he is so involved with their lives and he gets in and lends a hand all the time. He is the best husband/father we can have and he is so missed when he does his weekend trips. I am dreading his two week drill cause it means me being with the kids by myself, not that it bothers me as I know what to do and stuff but that my back is so bad that I dread the pain I am in from doing the lifting and carrying. I just hope they are walking a bit so I dont have to pick up so much.

I guess with this time I have to reflect, I wish I wasnt in pain all the time, it reminds me of my mother whom was in pain all the time and her temper would flare as she was hurting...I hope I am not the same. It's funny how you can become your parents even though you do your best to be different, guess genetics sometimes takes over. I do my best and I hope the kids have fun with me just as they do when Daddy is around. We'll I guess I will end the blog right now as I need to think of things to blog to keep it interesting. But for now, this is my start....i think the kids are starting to wake up...at least they made it, 2 hrs!!!

Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment