Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer School Blues

It has been so nice having a week and half off to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. We are sending the twins to daycare though I have to say the agency that allows us to have free daycare might freak knowing I have been off for a week and half, but I figure I need a break from kids altogether! I mean I do feel a tad guilty getting something for free but hell how many people come into this country and get the red carpet treatment and I have to pay for things, I think I can have a break once in awhile. So, we've had them going to daycare cause we felt that if we stopped them from going it will be harder to for them to readjust and go back within 1 1/2 wks, not fair to them or to the babysitter; whom I might add is cool about things. I do feel guilty that I should be spending time with the kids, I mean this should be my bonding time with them but when you have twins, you need that break. Scott has been studying for his water treatment certification so the time he has away from the twins has given him the time to study which is what he needs to do. We spend a good quality time with them on the weekends and when we pick them up from day care, and I believe its good for them to learn how to be cared for by someone else as life as it is, Scott and I will have to work.

So, I start back at work in a few days and though I am grateful for the work, I am also dreading the heat and going back dealing with kids for 4hrs a day. I figure 4 wks I should be able to handle it and then I will have 3 wks off and then back to the regular grind again! I hope that things will begin to change soon for Scott, perhaps he can get his schooling under way and get his FASFA money in to help with bills, as unemployement will go down significantly come September. I sometimes long for the days when I was able to go spending on things that I wanted and not worry about anyone else, but those days are gone for a very long time; actually forever as you always put your kids in front of your needs first. I guess I am having the pre-summer time school blues, I just hope whomever i am teamed up with will not drop the ball and make me do all the work, I am tired of picking up for everyone else!!!

I am looking forward yet dreading our camping trip in July. It will be the first time we will have taken the twins out in God's country for a few days. I hope they dont damper the experience but enlighten us to new experiences. We got our new tent which is very nice, it's very big as it will sleep 8 people so we have plenty of room to move around with the kids. I dread the part of packing as we have so much to pack with two of them, I just hope it will be worth it and we will have new memories to place in our scrapbook that needs to be finished sometime soon :)

Well off to the gym I go, I am trying to lose the weight but it's been a battle since I have slipped so badly into past habits and I am not losing like I used to....so I need to readjust my thinking about eating and get my butt off the couch. I need to lose at least 30lbs before Xmas...I am giving myself plenty of time to do it, I am sure I can accomplish it if I can lose at least 5lbs per month! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment