Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Connecting with Visitors (Spirits)

Now, I know maybe some of you are skeptical of connecting with those that have died but I have always believed if someone had some unfinished business they just couldnt leave till it was finished. My mother died when I was 15, she took her own life due to the mental illness taking over and also dealing with cancer at the time. Prior to her death she had always told me that she would try to find a way back to let me know things were okay with her once she passed. You see my mother had suffered a long time with bipolar so I grew up with her constantly trying to end her life. Though we tried as could to keep her happy the day came when she just couldnt take it any longer and decided upon herself that life would be easier for us without her; of course she was wrong! Anywho, jumping forward 26yrs later to the present where I am now a mother of twins, and how I miss her so much more now than ever.

Now comes the interesting part, my daughter and son have both been doing odd behaviors such as looking off in the space where there's nothing, they will interact as if someone was talkign to them. One day I watched my son, walk around talking and then putting his hand up as to grab another hand and laugh. I was sitting across the way so I know it wasnt me he was interacting with, he would laugh then would put his arm up to wave and smile looking off into thin air. My daughter has lately started to play around 830 pm, where she will stand up and laugh and laugh into the dark with nobody there. She doesnt mess up her bed, she just sits up and giggles and when I come to check on her she is staring off into blue, not looking at me but off into a distance then laughing. I will turn to see what it is but it's dark, there's nothing there to make her laugh...so I leaned down and looked at her, she looks at me and smiles, then I ask her..."sister, you having fun with someone? you laughing with a friend?" even though she is only 16mos she looks at me and smiles then looks over my shoulder to nothing and laughs. I get a weird sensation that we are not the only ones in the room, it's not a scarey presence but definately something different in the air.

I sometimes will say to my kids when they start acting this way, to tell their visitor its time for bed and they can come back to play another time. I dont want to freak them out or make them feel weird, even though at 16mos what can they really understand...or do they understand? Perhaps, we dont give children enough credit...I was told that animals and children can sense things we as adults cannot, i guess it's because of their innocence that they can feel the prescence of another person or thing. I often laugh and think, perhaps my mother was right that she was able to find a way back but it took her this long to come back, or maybe the timing wasnt right bcasue she knew I wasnt ready to accept her prescence or the mere fact that I cannot feel her as my children do. I know sometimes in the morning, my son will be standing up in his crib looking out just talking away and gesturing, carrying on some conversation until he focuses back to me. I am just hoping whomever or whatever is visiting my kids are not harmful but are someone that loves them from the spirit world. I hope that perhaps it is my mother watching over the kids as they sleep, or wanting to play with them when I am not around so they can "see" her, or even if it's my husband's father whom passed away before the babies were born.

As for my mother, well she had gypsy blood in her and she believed in the "powers" of the unknown. Her grandmother, my great grandmother was a full blood gypsy, led the life of one till she came to America in the 1900's. I can remember her telling stories that my great grandmother had the "gift" and was very accurate in what she could see, perhaps it skips a generation..that I do not know, I just know my kids are interacting with someone that I or my husband cannot see. To really cap it all off, there was one day when I looked at my daughter (whom resembles my mother very much) and I looked into her eyes, and i asked; "McKenna, are you really grandma Shirley?" to which my daughter just got a big grin on her face and laughed, then blinked her eyes and laid her head on my shoulder....from that point on, I wondered if Mom found her way back into my life..or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment